Monday 19 November 2018

Clingfilm drawer!

This moment was so exciting that I thought, after about three years of not adding to this blog, I'd see if I could remember what to do.  For the whole of my adult, home-owning life I have kept clingfilm, tinfoil, etc in a cupboard or a cubby-hole, stacked one on top of another.  Then when you want the one from the bottom they all fall over - just so flippin' annoying.  So I was determined to have a clingfilm drawer in this house and it's been a very long time coming hasn't it?  But finally it's here and I was just ridiculously excited about it . . . Bob told me I'm a bit weird and the postman gave me a funny look when I was excitedly telling him about it!  This is the utility room and the drawers on the left will have painted wooden fronts screwed on them then the next two bays will have doors.  The middle bay is the food store and each 'shelf' pulls out on drawer runners so you can easily see what's at the back.  In order to 'move into' these drawers, we had to empty lots of other drawers and cupboards for a big move around.  Course, now we can't find anything at all.

If this post works, I might just do a few updates covering the last few years, we'll see.  I'm gradually re-reading the whole blog and I'm so glad I wrote it because there are so many little details and funny incidents that we had completely forgotten about.

No comments:

Post a Comment