Tuesday 28 September 2010

First properly decorated wall!

Well, it's not actually a whole wall, but it is painted!  In an ideal world, we would be having lovely dry, sunny weather and be able to put all the plasterboard in followed by all the insulation, then the plywood and lastly the chestnut cladding on the outside.  But, as you know, this is not an ideal world and the weather is definitely not ideal!  Because the forecast is so rubbish, we are having to do all the layers (except the final cladding) section by section so each bit is waterproof before we move onto the next bit.  Soggy plasterboard would be a bit of a disaster!   You'll see that the chicken building inspectors have checked and approved our work.

I think tomorrow is set for heavy rain so we will probably go researching/shopping for stuff like bathroom suites, kitchen sinks, taps, flooring, etc.  We both have colds after our weekend away and so are a bit lacking in energy, so perhaps shopping would be a good option (ha, ha when is shopping EVER a good option?!).

We had a good time visiting in Peterborough.  I saw my nieces in a musical theatre show and very impressed I was too - how did those two little girls grow up into such talented young people without telling me?  I ate far too much all weekend and felt quite sick driving home - actually, that could be the tempura ice-cream Ben and I shared (yep, that's deep fried ice-cream and pretty disgusting it was too, but I guess you have to try these things).

No comments:

Post a Comment