Saturday 12 March 2011

Poor Molly

Aaah, poor Molly - she died peacefully in her sleep last night.  Well, as far as we know it was peaceful (and that's what we're quite happy to think), Bob found her in the hen house this morning when he went to let them out.  It is actually quite a relief, sad, but a relief.  Yesterday, she was worse than she had been and at least this way we don't have to do the deed which is definitely a relief.  So that's the last of our original batch of chickens gone.  She did have as long being a happy free-ranger as she did in her cage though, so that's good.  The rest of them just carry on as usual - strange to think that little Elvis is probably top of the pecking order now!  Whenever we're not looking and the caravan door is open they invite themselves in and we promptly shoo them out of course.  Today I was busy and didn't notice until all three were in the kitchen, but they looked so funny doing the 'vacuuming' for me that I had to leave them until I took a photo . . . . and then shooed them out. 

We have just been getting on with plasterboarding, so nothing very exciting to report on that front.  All of the old house is now done and most of the utility room.  It seems very strange in there with walls!  It reminds me of a den made from a sheet thrown over the furniture with its sloping, low ceiling.  I thought I'd better take a photo of this strange caterpillar that has been living in the utility room for a while before we plasterboard over it forever.  It has been living in there ever since I squirted expanding foam between the top of the walls and the roof - strange that isn't it?!  Could almost be a bit of squirty foam that dropped out couldn't it?

As there's not much interesting to report on the work front, I thought it'd be a good idea to do a comparison photo of before and after (well, nearly after!).  So this is the kitchen before . . . . 


. . . . .  and this is it now!




While I was looking for this photo, I found another of what the house looked like before we bought it.  I don't know!  When I look at the next photo I really do wonder what made us think we could do this, we must have been bonkers  . . . . . it looks much worse than I ever remember it! 


I'll have to find some more of these old photos to show you some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment