Saturday 6 August 2011

Curtain-making at last!

Just look at this!  I'm actually making curtains, can you believe it?  I had a lovely time measuring, cutting, ironing (yep, I even enjoyed ironing!) and sewing with the radio on and the sun coming in.  Mind you, it took me a while to get going, it always does, but once the first cut is made I'm OK.  I sorted out the shower curtain for the downstairs bathroom and I'm now doing the roman blind for the kitchen.  Bob needs to put a piece of oak across the top of the window for it to attached to.  He's a bit absorbed with window frames at the moment (which are coming on well), so I'll get as far as I can and finish off when the wood is in place.  At one point I nipped up to the caravan for something and when I came back Peggy Chicken was up on the table inspecting the sewing machine - I promptly helped her fly right out the door I can tell you!  Gosh, Bob's chickens are naughty!

We had more flying invaders today, but nowhere near as scary as that huge hornet yesterday.  We walked round to Phil and Ann's for a cuppa this afternoon and while we were in their garden the Red Arrows flew over, the 2nd formation was so low we almost ducked!

No comments:

Post a Comment